© Alex Watson 2017 All rights reserved.
Buit c.1860 to a design by Isaac & W. R. Farrell, Architects, Dublin, Aughentaine Castle consisted of a two-storey main block and a lower two-storey wing, with two tall Italianate campaniles of equal height, one at each end. There was an open porch; two-light and three-light windows some round-headed and others rectangular.
Demolished around 1955 by the owner Colonel Hamilton-Stubber, who built a modern classical house o the design of the Claud Phillimore.
Special thanks to Mervyn Hervey Knox-Browne for permitting the use of family photographs on this site.